Magellan Gps 315

brawney

The Magellan 315 is a solid little unit. I use a Magellan Meridian Gold now, but my first GPSr was a 315 and I still have it as a backup (although I have yet to actually use it as such).

As far as pricing them, they can't be worth too much. Relative to the newer models on the market, they have low memory, crude graphics, and only show the decimal minutes to two places, (three places is now standard) unless the firmware has been updated. A hundred bucks will get you a new, low-end ETrex that has many more bells and whistles. That's not to say that you won't find buyers for them. I'm sure you will. Searching EBay for current asking/selling pricing is a good suggestion.

Good luck.

Keep on Caching! - Kewaneh

And actually, the 315 has more features than the yellow Etrex. Just to name a few; it has 8 or 9 different navigation screens, holds more routes, can display 2 different datums/coordinate systems simultaneously, includes a built-in worldwide cities database, calculates not only sun/moon position/phase but also best hunting/fishing times, and includes Magellan's "northfinder" feature, which is worth it's weight in gold, IMO.