City Select V6 With Garmin 60cs - Auto-routing

TommyRox

I upgraded from City Select 5 to version 6 and it seems that my auto-routing is messed up. I do not have any screenshots or pics to show you but when I am navigating a waypoint with the follow road option it will plot almost a complete circle to my destination. Some instances it might for example if I want to navigate to a waypoint a few streets over it has me travel almost 20 miles to get there and the routing trail looks like a big circle. I have tried many options ( fastest, shortest, aviod highways etc...) but no luck. I did a hrd reset set on the 60CS but still no luck.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or resolution. :blink:

I've never heard that version 6 messes up auto routing.

Did you delete the version 5 after upgrading to 6? If you used an upgrade version disk, then you have to leave 5 on the computer.

I dunno but it sounds like the basemap is doing the routing. Be sure that you have maps selected to send to the GPSr, and that the "Include Route Calculation Data" box is checked before sending data to GPSr.

Yes it does, but I don't think it matters. I don't have any GPSr hooked up to my system right now, and that option lights up as soon as I select a map segment.

CLICK HERE to view Garmin's MapSource tutorial.

When selecting segments, be sure you're selecting from City Select if you have other Garmin titles (Topo, WorldMap) installed.

Another thing that comes to mind... when upgrading from 5 to 6, does the new version require unlocking? I don't know - I've never used a Garmin upgrade product. So, if the new version does require unlocking, and that procedure was not completed, then that could cause the problem.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Simply upgrading from the v5 CD to the v6 CD does not unlock City Select v6 maps. You still need to get a new unlock code from Garmin at this link. If you already have a new unlock code for v6 from Garmin, you need to unlock the maps using the code from within MapSource (make sure you are running the latest version 6.3 available for download for free here). This version has the latest Unlock Wizard. From within MapSource, select Utilities/unlock maps and go from there.

The option "Include route calculation data" is displayed when unlocked maps containing route calculation data are selected for download to the GPS unit. Currently, these are City Select, City Navigator, BlueCharts and US Topo 24k (here in the US).

Edited by SergZak