Forget Magellan.. Sue Delorme!

DrAwKwArD

When you purchase handheld software you expect it to run on your HANDHELD. No where on the product description does it say you need another program to access street maps. No, it says clearly "create address-to-address routes directly on your PDA." I tried for an hour to get maps installed on my pda then read this small blurb tucked away in the help file: "You must have Street Atlas USA® Handheld Pro (available separately from DeLorme) to view Street Atlas USA 2004 Handheld maps on your handheld device." Great, so I have half the program I wanted. :unsure:

What is this program, Handheld Pro, and why can I not find it anywhere?

Although I've found DeLorme software to be far from perfect, this doesn't sound like them at all and I suspect that something was poorly worded and/or misinterpreted.

I'd also note that they offer a 30-day refund period even if the software has been opened and used, so if you can't get the issue resolved you can get your purchase price back. But first I'd suggest getting in touch with their tech support and finding out if you really need any additional software. The only Handheld Pro program I know of is the XMap Handheld Pro which is needed to load some external maps, but AFAIK, StreetAtlas Handheld should be sufficient to load the regular Street Atlas maps which are included.

Cache-n-dash, apparently you have overlooked something. I had SA 2004 HH and now own 2005. Both run on my PALM IIIc with NO other software. Perhaps you did not install all of the package on your PDA. Maybe this link will be of assistance. Delorme Street Atlas 2004 Handheld Forum It does route on the handheld, I promise.

Edited by sledgehampster