Magellan Upgrade

Guest srp1104

Guest srp1104

I have a Magellan 315 and would like to know if there is anywhere on the net to get a program to upgrade. I am VERY new to the sport and enjoy reading the posts.

Guest Ron Streeter

Go to www.magellangps.com, the company site. There you can get the latest upgrade software for your unit. You WILL need the cable to go from the back of your gps to the serial port on your computer to take it from your computer to the gps.

The cable is available at many gps suppliers. Also just do a search on the forum for Magellan 315 and a lot of threads will pop-up that you can explore.

Guest srp1104

Thanks for the info. Where do I find the forums on the 315 you mentioned? Do I have to have the CD update first or can I just download from there???

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

Go to www.magellangps.com, the company site. There you can get the latest upgrade software for your unit. You WILL need the cable to go from the back of your gps to the serial port on your computer to take it from your computer to the gps.

The cable is available at many gps suppliers. Also just do a search on the forum for Magellan 315 and a lot of threads will pop-up that you can explore.

[This message has been edited by srp1104 (edited 22 May 2001).]

Guest Ron Streeter

srp...

Go to the magellangps.com web page and find the download area. Download the newest version of software for the 315 to your home computer.

Once it is there, you would need to hook the magellan cable from the serial port of your computer to the back of your gps, then you would be able to upload the software from your computer to your gps.

This process requires some diligent, thoughtful and precise work and is not without its frustrations. Be patient, be a problem solver and you will succeed.

My guess is you don't have the data cable. It is available (as I said in my last post) from many gps dealers. They can be found on line by doing a yahoo (or other) search for gps dealers. The cost of the cable is $40 for the data cable/12 volt combo.

Considering that you are new to all this, maybe you should hold off a while on that aspect and do some finding and placing of caches first. The software you have in your gps will let you do that quite well.

To do a search for forum topics, look at the top of this page and find the word search, then fill in the blanks.