Garmin 60 C/s-----plus What?

It's a great unit for caching and a good unit for travelling.

As for what else to get, it depends on what you want to do. For mapping, you'd want to get City Select (for driving) and Topo (for hiking).

If you will be using it in your car a lot you might want to look at getting the Auto Nav kit which comes with the mount and City Select.

I also just upgraded from an eTrex to a 60C. Got the unit, City Select 6.0, TOPO, an external antenna, auto power cord, and a RAM suction mount for the car and could not be happier.

The unit is great and the software is impressive.

The only real decision I had to make was the mount. I decided on the RAM windshield mount so I could easily move between the 2 cars. If the Auto Nav kit's mount would work for you, that would be a good choice.

Good luck,

Lakedawgs

I currently own an ETREX and have just about (95%) decided to order a Garmin 60 C/S, is this a good choice for caching and traveling? Also, what else should I get in way of accessories? Thanks everyone.

I definitely recommend Garmin's dashboard holder. I love it.

The canvas carrying case for the GPSV is perfect for the 60CS by the way.

I've had my 60cs for about two months now. I ordered the auto kit, it has city select,the dash mount and the 'bean bag mount as well as the auto power cord. I added topo maps this past week and have enjoyed this system to the fullest.

Edited by chuck401

I definitely recommend Garmin's dashboard holder. I love it.

Wow. I must be failing the mechanical aptitude test. Does your 60 really clip in in an easy and sane way? My dash mount is a big pain to the get the unit in and out of. Now I'm wondering if I have something warped or assembled incorrectly...

And the cable is a totally different exercise. Magellan gets this judges vote on quality of dash mount - it clips in trivially and delivers power and data with zero extra steps.

The RAM windsheild mount I have holds the 60C pretty tightly, but I feel thats good. At first I was uncomfortable with how tight it was but after a day or two I can pop it in and out with no strain on the mount.

I figured it was better to be a little tight than loose at all.

The RAM mounts are a little beefy, but thats what I wanted to hold my $400 GPSr safely. Least thats how I rationalized it.

Good luck,

Lakedawgs