Tb Grabbers

Rivkan

All,

I am quite new to GC'ing & TB'ing. I remember when I finally had a chance to get a TB. It was the Sad Professor...

I carefully logged it and agonized over placing it in the perfect spot. It is now traveling on. I've moved a couple others since then -I always try to move them quickly and in a direction that is not completely contrary to the owner's intent.

This brings me to my issue -people who will grab every TB in a cache! I have seen far too many logs that look like this:

"Took: TB-Bob*, TB-Apple*, TB-Tina*, TB-Dog*, TB-Mud*. Left nothing.

Is it me or is this wrong? It seems to me that people who do this are hogging the TB fun in their region. Has anyone ever said anything to one of these TB Grabbers?

Thanks!

Rivkan

*-The names have been changed to protect the identities of the innocent and the inanimate.

Travel bugs are fair game. If you can help them, do it.

Some people would prefer others take no more than one at a time, but there is no rule as to how many you can move. So saying something may not be well received.

Additionally TBs are not trade items so you are not required to leave something in its place. Which also means you shouldn't just take something for only leaving a bug.

Edited by Elf Danach
I carefully logged it and agonized over placing it in the perfect spot. It is now traveling on.

An enthusiasm to be encouraged! Good for you. I feel the same way. I really like Travel Bugs and enjoy playing along with the owner's game.

It looks to me that old-timers who have "cached out" the local area often pick up bugs and move them around as a way of staying in the game without having to drive forever to a cache. I'm grateful to see that happen with a bug that I left behind. I'm always happier when it's moved on after me.