Lots Of Cito

maddog1404

I recently placed a new Cache and was shocked at the amount of trash found in the area, This cache is on an uninhabitable Island with No Road access and I bagged 8 bags of trash. I was only able to take 4 bags out and left the other 4 bags on the island for Hopefully the next geocacher to get. I wish the people that boated out to this island would have just taken there trash with them when they left. Sometimes the best places get trashed Sorry everyone just ranting

Edited by maddog1404

It's ok. You can rant about that. you've done a good thing by placing the cache, so geocachers will trash out. Maybe, if you make a note on the cache page that you are trying to bring this island back to its original beauty, cachers can come prepared to CITO. Boaters usually like to travel light. Sometimes on islands, or near water, that stuff just floats ashore, or gets blown over. Maybe you could arrange a CITO/Paddling event for your local boating cachers. Arrange for the town/county/state to help you dispose of the trash.

Thats the one reason I love this sport. We seek and clean the environment we are in. Its such a rewarding effort to know that you can make a difference to the area you are in. You should pat yourself on the back. Alot of people just do not care. You will continue to see this as you go......However, keep up the good work !!!!

:D:D