Geocachers Who Don't Replace Your Tbs

The Pointy Ear Dog Gang

Hello,

Just a question for you all, as we have several travel bugs that have been held by geocachers for months without being placed in a new cache.

What is the best way to contact a geocacher who has been holding your TB for 3 months or more?

We have one active TB that has been held by a geocacher since June and he still has not placed it in a new cache. We have e-mailed the geocacher and tried to be corteous, stating that we were wondering when he might be placing the TB and that we were looking forward to seeing where the TB would be moving onto next. We even told him that our kids were anxiously waiting to see where their bug would be going next. He wrote back apoligizing profusely and said that he would place the TB in the next few days. That was a month and a half ago, and the TB is still in his posession.

We understand that people get busy and that they aren't always able to get out and geocache, but we also know that if you can't place a TB within a 3 week period of time that you shouldn't take it. We've had situations where we weren't able to place the TB right away, but we've always tried to contact the TB owner to let them know why we hadn't placed it yet and when we plan to place it. We have one TB that has been held by a geocacher for a year and a half (we have pretty much given up on that TB).

We know that this is a common problem for all TB owners...we just wanted to get peoples advice on what they do, or what they write to geocachers to help them move the TB along. Thanks for your help!

The answer is simple: "You wait", sometimes you wait, and wait and wait until it finally moves on. You've really done all you can by emailing the person holding it and asking them to move it on. Hopefully they will place it soon.

Something I am considering doing is either using the regional forums here or if I can find a state-level forum post a note along these lines....

Greetings,

Does anyone know Joe Cacher? The reason I ask is he's holding my TB XXXX for 2 months now and I was wondering if someone local to Joe Cacher could check on him to make sure he's ok and will move my bug along soon.

I don't know if it'll do any good but it's worth a shot.

Zack