I Have A New Cache That Doesn’t Show Up

Thot

I posted this in the Getting Started forum but haven’t gotten an answer. I thought maybe it was more appropriate here, so I’m trying again.

I have a pocket query that runs every day to list new caches in my area. My new cache, with a “Hidden” date of last Saturday, has never shown up in the results of this new-cache query. There's an option for omitting your own caches. I did not select that option. It has only 2 more days of new cache status. Assuming it’s not showing up in any new-cache reports local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists.

Anybody know why this new cache doesn’t appear in new-cache queries?

I posted this in the Getting Started forum but haven’t gotten an answer. I thought maybe it was more appropriate here, so I’m trying again.

I have a pocket query that runs every day to list new caches in my area. My new cache, with a “Hidden” date of last Saturday, has never shown up in the results of this new-cache query. There's an option for omitting your own caches. I did not select that option. It has only 2 more days of new cache status. Assuming it’s not showing up in any new-cache reports local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists.

Anybody know why this new cache doesn’t appear in new-cache queries?

Why dont you start with giving us the GC# of the cache so we can look at some things.

I have an idea but need to see the cache page first.

Shows up when I put in my zipcode too. Doesn't show up on my new cache querys. I’m trying to understand why it doesn’t show up on new cache reports.

I gotcha.

I was just commenting about the part where you said "Assuming it’s not showing up in any new-cache reports local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists."

I just meant there are other ways to find it.

Thot,

I just ran my "find new" PQ (I haven't in several days) and your cache showed up. Twenty-two miles from my house, so I may not get to it right away, but it's there. 5 finds already, with FTF on the 18th. No idea why it isn't showing up for you. I'm betting some gremlin setting on your PQ page.

Thanks for the cache. I hope to get to it soon!

Shows up when I put in my zipcode too.  Doesn't show up on my new cache querys.  I’m trying to understand why it doesn’t show up on new cache reports.

I gotcha.

I was just commenting about the part where you said "Assuming it’s not showing up in any new-cache reports local area cachers will have to stumble on the fact that it exists."

I just meant there are other ways to find it.

I see. I (maybe incorrectly) assumed local cachers who have already found all existing local caches depended on new-cache queries or reports to learn about new caches in the local area.

Edited by Thot