Help!

starryeyedhuntr

A GPS is a device, which can tell you where you have been, where you are, and where to go (assuming you told it where you want to end up).

You buy them in shops selling electronics, marine equipment, hiking gear etc., or other the internet.

They cost $100 - $1000, depending on features and intended use. Even more expensive models exist, for more special applications.

Anders

Read the forums a bit and you will get all the answers you want.

A GPS is a Global Positioning System. A handheld GPSr is what most of us use and it is a little handheld device that tells us our position on the earth in Coordinates. We match those coordinates to the ones posted for a cache in order to find it. You can get on on ebay or sporting good stores and the cheapest I think you could go for new would be around a $100usd for a Garmin Etrex.

Do a search on GPS here and also read as many posts as you can and you will know more about this than you want to. All the information you want is within these pages.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

GPS - Global Positioning System, you can try and buy the one that the US Government owns.

or if you just want a GPSr you can find one at several places. Wal-Mart, Target, Online...

Are they expensive? Yes and No. Just depends on what you are planning on doing with it. I have seen them priced all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars and as low as $80ish bucks.

I'm dying to know what that calculation will let me......

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

For the advanced GPS user, there is a calculation that will let you.......

Spend all your extra money and time trampin out in the woods to find a broken Mctoy and a used golf ball only to sign a logbook and describe what a wonderful experience it was.

tt120twitchy.gif

TechnoGEEK