Making Easygps Even Easier

Thot

I’ve written a utility that makes using EasyGPS more convenient, at least for me. It combines .loc files downloaded from geocaching.com. This lets me just click the mark all, download the 20 on a page, go to the next page repeat, and do this again and again until I get as many waypoints as I want.

For example, if I'm trying to get caches around Cheyenne, Wyoming I begin by entering a zipcode (or lat/lon) near the center of town into geocaching.coms cache finder and click the “Check All” button. When downloading, I name the first 20 Cheyenne1, the next 20 Cheyenne2 . . . Cheyenne10, etc. Then my program combines these individual sets of 20 into one .loc file that loads into EasyGPS. If you want to be picky you can select all 20 on a page then go through and uncheck any you don't want, such as 5 star terrain or micros or virtuals or whatever you don't want before downloading each set.

The program is free. If you're interested, email me and I'll send you a copy.

I’ve written a utility that makes using EasyGPS more convenient, at least for me.  It combines .loc files downloaded from geocaching.com.  This lets me just click the mark all, download the 20 on a page, go to the next page repeat, and do this again and again until I get as many waypoints as I want.

For example, if I'm trying to get caches around Cheyenne, Wyoming I begin by entering a zipcode (or lat/lon) near the center of town into geocaching.coms cache finder and click the “Check All” button. When downloading, I name the first 20 Cheyenne1, the next 20 Cheyenne2 . . . Cheyenne10, etc. Then my program combines these individual sets of 20 into one .loc file that loads into EasyGPS.  If you want to be picky you can select all 20 on a page then go through and uncheck any you don't want, such as 5 star terrain or micros or virtuals or whatever you don't want before downloading each set.

The program is free.  If you're interested, email me and I'll send you a copy.

Hi Thot,

i´m interestet to get your little utility. Did you get an e-mail from me?

Hi Thot,

i´m interestet to get your little utility. Did you get an e-mail from me?

Hi Gernot

Yes I got your email. I replied and the reply failed. I then sent you an email through GC.com. Same result. The bounce messages say:

Subject: Mailzustellung fehlgeschlagen / Mail delivery failed

Diese Nachricht wurde von der Mail-Software automatisch erzeugt.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

Eine Nachricht von Ihnen konnte nicht an alle Empfaenger zugestellt werden.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.

host mail.brandenburg.de says gernot.xxxxx@xxxx.xxxxxxx..de>... we don't accept unsolicited mail

If you send me a way to reach you I'll give it another try.