Losing Gps Signal In Open

Neil81

I just came back from a two week vacation in Wyoming and South Dakota and my 60CS kept losing the signals from ALL of the satellites. All of a sudden the signal bars would just drop to nothing and the GPS would say there was no signal. Then suddenly after a period ranging from a few seconds to endless minutes they would jump back up and the GPSr would be fine. This kept going on sporadically for days. At first I thought it may be a solar flare but after it continued on for days I couldn't conceive of any explanation. I also had my old Vista with me and the exact same thing kept happening with it at the exact same time. I was out in vast desolate plains most of the time this kept happening so nothing was blocking the signals. I was in the car when this would happen but I don't see how I would suddenly lose all of the signals like that.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am truly baffled by this... I haven't done extensive testing here in St. Louis so I'm unsure if the problem is continuing.