Customoer Is Always Right?

rickrich

Rick,

What coordinates are you using for your 4 PQs that cover the cities? I wish it wasn't limited to 500 points and using round boundries. It is pretty neat that you are able to add photos to your gpx files on your laptop.

Here are the current set of dates you need to use in your PQs to get all of MN.

$ geo-pqs mn

geo-demand -n500 -T'11/05/2000-05/14/2003' -Nmn-s0 mn  #500 caches

geo-demand -n500 -T'05/15/2003-03/05/2004' -Nmn-1 mn  #498 caches

geo-demand -n500 -T'03/06/2004-07/08/2004' -Nmn-2 mn  #491 caches

geo-demand -n500 -T'07/09/2004-' -Nmn3 mn                      #113 caches

This is the kind of info/service that you'd think a member would be able to get as part of their membership.

So why is it that I have to perform this service on behalf of gc.com? In fact, given that members just want "all caches in XXX", can't they just issue that query? Can't we have a membership level with no limits, please?

-Rick

So why is it that I have to perform this service on behalf of gc.com? In fact, given that members just want "all caches in XXX", can't they just issue that query? Can't we have a membership level with no limits, please?

Given the choice between getting a PQ that has some limitations on it in a timely manner, and letting people run massive queries and having to wait days to get my PQ, I'll take the former thank you very much.

(And yes, given the opportunity, there are people who would query the whole country every day.)

I think it's because of a bigger issue of people swiping the dataset and making their own website but not updating things when archives occur...

Making it less easy hurts the customer, but saves the business in the long run.

/Just guessing based on old history

Ok, but if you know enough to create your own database (which I don't so maybe I'm wrong) wouldn't you also be smart enough to copy whatever you want despite the limit? :lol: