How can I shrink an image ?

scottyg

I use IrfanView, too... but I also use Easy Thumbnails. What I like about Easy Thumbnails is that you can view the before and after images simultaneously, including their disk size. It also allows you to alter the jpg compression in 1% increments--all the while you can see the imageas it looks compressed. With Easy Thumbnails, I can create an image that is almost exactly 100k every time if I want.

What I like about IrfanView is the ability to crop and do some other image-altering things, and it has a pretty good screen capture utility, too.

Jamie

The best thing about irfanview is that you can batch process images. Useful if you took a bunch of pictures with your digital camera and you want them all converted in the same way, do it all in one operation rather than image by image. The only image modification task I do that doesn't use irfanview is I like the 'autobalance' feature of MS Photo Editor.