Caching In A Kayak

kbootb

I just tried a 5 star cache in the South of France, hoping to be ftf after seeing a number of fails.

The cache involved a 15 mile Kayak in nearly 40 deg heat, then a rock scramble then a trek through really spiny bush (dressed in kayak gear, i.e. swimming trunks and sandals). In the end failed to find it. The co-ords did not match up to the description.

However, tribute must be paid to the Garmin Etrex summit. We had a full capsize in one of the rapids, both myself and daughter parting company with the kayak and being carried 100 metres downstream to recover paddles etc. The GPS was on a lanyard round my neck and tucked into the bouyancy aid for the rapids.

Seeing daughter was OK I pulled the GPS out and it just read 'need clear view of sky'. Not the only one.

Then noticed that wedding ring was missing from finger. But somehow my geocaching.com hat was still on and just about totally dry!

How about a link to the cache then?? We're off to France at the weekend & just love a challenge...... :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  <_<

OK, just for you, (first time I've tried links so I hope it works) :blink:

Templar's Secret Cache

Way down in the south, River Ardeche. Head for Vallon Pont D'arc.

To do this you need to take a 'long descent' as the river is in a gorge and there is no road acces for about 15 miles.

If you are going to do it, e-mail me through the geocache web site and I will give you more details on the location.