Help Us With The Nrpa Session

kimmyroo

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great summer. I don't know if you noticed in the geocaching topics section I mentioned the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) "let's go geocaching" session. It is Oct. 12 at 2:15-3:30. Anyway I offered to help Sheri (the lady that is hosting the session) with the session. She knows about the sport from a park administrators point of view. She asked me to help her with the session. Setting up an event cache was mentioned, but as we are both not in Reno that could be hard to do. Does anyone have any ideas that would be helpful? I have tried to contact a couple of the local cachers but have not heard from them. This could be a great opportunity to make park officials from all over the US aware of the benefits to their park when they allow geocaching there. There will be representitives from local, state, and national parks at the convention.

Thanks.

Hi!

I'm not from Reno either (Alabama)...but I'm going to beg my boss tomorrow to let me go to the Congress and I was trying to look up the Nevada Geocachers club! I'm trying to find out how to rent a kayak for that new whitewater course they have!!!

I'm speaking on geocaching at the Alabama Recreation and Parks Association's conference in January!

If, my boss gives the ok, (please, please, please!) if there is anything I can do to help with the event, count me in!

Suzy

:huh:;):P

Woooo Hoooooo!

Received the Ok from the boss today! Plane tickets are booked and Nevada Visitor's Guide is on it's way!

My geocaching coworker and I will have about 5 days before the conference starts to enjoy Reno!

If there is anything I can do from Alabama to help with an event or anything with the session, please do not hesitate to let me know!

At the NRPA Southeastern conference in Myrtle Beach, the presenter did 1 hour on the history of geocaching, the website, how-to, park concerns, etc. Then, the 2nd hour she had actually hidden 6-7 caches outside the conference center! She brought 10 yellow eTrex GPSr's, we buddied up and hunted our first caches! That was April 1st. I bought my eTrex Legend on April 3rd!

Good luck and I look forward to attending the session! I hope to get some good ideas on the P & R perspective for my session at the ARPA in January!

Suzy