Fun In Toronto

tanders

Hi all!

I'm traveling up to Toronto this weekend from Rochester, NY. I'm planning on doing some siteseeing at places such as the zoo. Does anyone know if there are any actual caches hidden in the zoo? Also, are there any "must-do" geocaches located in Toronto itself? Thanks in advance!! :rolleyes:

-Tom

I believe there used to be a cache within the Metro Zoo but it must have been removed due to the private property/no permission rule.

There are plenty of good caches in and around Toronto. Personally, I'd stick with the non-downtown caches. If you DO find yourself in downtown Toronto, don't miss the Old City Hall virtual. A Monumental Quest is a great multi..part virtual, part standard. (this one is more up-town than downtown though)

The only decent "traditional" cache downtown was Tarot Reading Cache but is got pillaged after only a very short lifespan.

There are plenty of soggy-log-crushed-and-dirty micros if those kind of caches turn your crank! There are a bunch of easy virtuals too.

Enjoy your trip!

As TT has said, The Old City Hall Message is a good virtual geocache that's about as downtown as you can get. The only problem with the City Hall one is that the answers are largely obscured by scaffolding around the building, or at least, they were when I was by there a few weeks ago.

There are a number of other easy virtuals in the area as well as a number of urban micros. If you have time, there are several caches on the Toronto Islands that are worth a visit. Toronto Island CityScape and GhostCache come to mind.

There are also some good geocaches scattered along the various ravines off the Don River Valley

I don't know much about the caches in the area of the Zoo though. I live on the other side of the city from there, so I haven't gotten around to caching in the area.