Travel Bug Ownership

Rangers of Ithilien

I picked up a tb while on vacation in Florida which I bought back to the UK with me. Somewhere along the line I managed to lose it. :D

After searching high and low I contacted the bug owners, told them what I had done and offered them an unactivated tb I had. I emailed them the number and activation code in order for them to activate it and to be the owners. They did this and so are the new owners of the replacement bug. I also went out and purchased a suitable item to go with the bug and so had it all ready here to place.

Well, I have now found the original bug!! :P Doh! Of course, the owners are thrilled as this means it wont have lost all the mileage it gained coming over here to the UK.

They have offered to give me back the bug I gave them however, its currently owned by them.

Is it possible to alter the owner of a tb? I have a feeling that once its owned by someone, thats it. ;)

Can anyone confirm this for me please? All help appreciated!

Tiffany

I think you have to email the admins of the site. The email address is contact at geocaching dot com. Be sure to reference the bug number and the two user names. I have never heard of changing bug owners, so I dont know what to expect. Hope that helps.