Jeepcaching.com

I'm working on getting Jeep owners interested in GeoCaching. It's an interesting twist on the classic, where, I believe, all the caches will end up being really long back-trail routes with a cache at the end.

A lot of Jeepers go out in groups usually, and when they can't get a group together stay home. No more!

Anyway, the site is days old so it needs some JeepCaching adventures. If you have any stop by & fill them in! JeepCaching.com.

Steve "comforteagle" Mallett

You might want to try coordinating a cache event at an upcoming Jeep Rally. My husband and I used to participate in essentially the same thing at Florida Land Rover Club rallies in the Ocala and Osceola National Forests. Almost everyone's Land Rover was outfitted with some sort of a GPS (whether it was a dash mount or a handheld). The club organizer would hand out a list of coordinates to each team (each in a different order - although inevitably we would end up sometimes looking for the same point). Teams would strike out, and those who didn't have a GPS would tag along for fun. Usually each GPS coordinate was located at some kind of natural feature that had to be described for verification. This was a bit tricky, as the event always happened at night, so we found ourselves driving hundreds of miles through the dark on backwoods Forest Service trails. Occasionally we had Jeep owners visiting at the rallies, and everyone always enjoyed the event. The club would give out prizes to the teams that came in first, second and third - usually stuff like tools (much appreciated as many of us own antique Land Rovers), goods donated by sponsors, or club merchandise.

Anyway, good luck with your site!