Faster way to "Go To" ?

mtnsteve

Perhaps this is obvious and I just missed it, but is there a faster way to get the screen to a "Go To" way point on my Platinum with out having to "fly" the cursor there?

Thanks

It's not about the mistakes we make, it's about what we learn from them....

I just got my Platinum last night and if I remember correctly (don't have it with me at the moment) you can click the "goto" button then click on "user" and your saved waypoints will be in there, just pick the one you want.

Hope this helps, remember this is just from me playing with it last night for the first time.

Paul

That works, but it shows me where I am at the moment, and then I have to follow the "line" to where the actual waypoint is...if that waypoint is 300 miles away it takes a bit of work and button pushing to get there....perhaps I'm just spoiled or lazy, but it would be nice to just push a button or two and go to the actual waypoint.

Thanks for the input icon_smile.gif....

Have fun with you Plat!

It's not about the mistakes we make, it's about what we learn from them....

quote:
Originally posted by mtnsteve:

Perhaps this is obvious and I just missed it, but is there a faster way to get the screen to a "Go To" way point on my Platinum with out having to "fly" the cursor there?

I'm assuming you want to view the Map at a saved waypoint.

From the map screen, [Menu][Database][user]

then select the waypoint .

You should now have the 'Edit WPT' screen.

At the bottom there is the 'Save' button but there is also the 'View' button. Choose 'View' and the map screen will show the selected waypoint.

Richard.