Help

shnookum

Well, many of the caches have descriptions which are detailed enough to almost lead to directly to the cache without a GPSr at all.

If you have USA PhotoMaps and have downloaded the maps where the caches are located, it will pinpoint the precises location on the overhead photographs, so you will pretty much know where to go.

Kinda takes some of the fun out of it, if ya ask me - you can probably find a cheapy used GPSr on eBay for around 50 bucks to get started.

( Then you'll get addicted and end up with a $350+ Vista with maps and stuff... heh )

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

You can get a simple yellow etrex for 100 which is pretty much the cheapest around. If you would like to do this without a gps, read the cache description because some contain alot of details. Also you can look at the topographic map and note if it's on a hill near a swamp etc, to find the cache.

jhwf4

quote:
Originally posted by CacheNKarre:

What kind of handheld GPS is that low? I thought they all started at around $200.

The yellow basic eTrex usually can be found for just short of $100.

I've heard whispering of fabled bargains being found at your local pawn shop also. They probably don't have anything, but what is there to lose.