I found my first 3 GeoCaches this week

ubiquitous

I tried finding my first geocache 2 weeks ago and just got lost in the woods. I even forgot to mark my truck so I was really lost. I will go back and find the cache this weekend. Finding two caches on the same day psyched me, So now I'm hooked. I will soon release my first travel bug, Iggy. My wife thinks I'm crazy icon_confused.gif

ubiquitous

I am not a teacher: only a fellow-traveller of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead, ahead of myself as well as you.

That's interesting. I mostly dragged hubby along on the first couple of hunts. The kids were always enthusiastic. After a couple of hunts, hubby started getting into it, and now I can hardly pry the GPS out of his hands. icon_smile.gif

Then again, I've always been a bit of a tomboy. I don't wear makeup, don't wear dresses, and knew the difference between poison ivy and English ivy when I was 3.

Shannah

My hubby rolled his eyes and had to be dragged to the Chicago Geocacher's picnic (our first "find") and even tho he's had his eye on a gps unit for years-I went out and got MINE. I have to admit that he now appears to be heading towards hooked and may even agree that it is a very good family activity. I was introduced to it by a female cousin who's kids have been known to say "AGAIN?" when she packs the picnic basket on the 3rd day in a row and my 40 yr old female sister has asked for a GPS for her college graduation because my other female sister sent her an article about this madness.

I plan to take her along on my next geocache outing. I am sure she will enjoy it. She likes hiking and bicycling. icon_smile.gif She’ll come around, heck she wasn’t that enthusiastic about diving with sharks either! I plan to plant my first geocache soon. I am sure that when she reads the posts of those who visit the cache she’ll get hooked too. icon_wink.gif

I am not a teacher: only a fellow-traveller of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead, ahead of myself as well as you.

quote:
she wasn’t that enthusiastic about diving with sharks either!
Well that shows she is no idiot.

Actually I'm a scuba diver too. But whenever we head for the coast or any dive area, I always click on the maps to see if there are any caches in the area that I haven't gotten yet.

Soon you'll be planning vacations around caching. "Sure babe, I'd love to go to that luau but I'm sure we have enough time to locate that cache"

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! All of our wives think we are crazy. Just wait till you get the little chuckle. Then, wait for the topic to come up in conversation with other couples, and she'll come around. (Mine even helped put a cache together.)

...it is my wife who is more addicted than I am. I admit, I am loving this game, but if she could quite her job and make a living on caching, I think she would in a heartbeat.

Bear & Ting

I thought I was a little off, then I looked at my GPS and discovered I accurate to 12 ft.

Geocachers don't NEED to ask for directions!

I thought this would be a way to pass time when i had some time on my hands. Turns out that its taken a front seat to some of my other fun things i like to do. Chicken has gotten into it now and im sure glad because she does all the hard work, inputting caches into the GPSR, making notes on our finds, making a picnic lunch to bring with us, etc, etc,,,.She is a big help but the truth of the matter is that i just enjoy her company. We're both having fun, getting to see new areas, and getting some good exercise to boot!!!

frog_and_chicken.jpg