Coordinate Format

Hello, we are fairly new to the GPS and Geocaching and I have a question about loading coordinate formats. I downloaded Easy GPS so I wouldn't have to manually enter coordinates. Before I used the printed cache page or current location to enter the coordinates. When I set up my Garmin Vista (per the Easy GPS instructions) to be able to download from the pc, the coordinate format was changed to hddd.ddddd. I now notice that previously entered waypoints (entered manually from the cache page or direct from actual location) are way off.

My question is this: I will mostly use Easy GPS to enter coordinates with my GPS configured appropriately but what do you do if for some reason you need to enter a coordinate directly from a cache page which is in a different format? I need your help. Thanks :(

set your GPS to degrees, minutes, decimal minutes, and to WSG84 map datum. In Easy GPS you can adjust their setting to the same coordinate format (degrees, minutes, decimal minutes. Just open up the EasyGPS program and there is a setting for your perferences there somewhere.