What's The Real Beef With Abject Silliness?

Seems that Abject Silliness is under attack yet again by people who find it annoying to have to skip a thread instead of reading it. Why? What's the beef with Abject Silliness? I don't buy into the argument that it's "always at the top of the list" when checking for new posts. I don't see how that's even an issue. Does it really take that much time and effort to move on by?

I have the distinct feeling that some people want Abject Silliness to disappear simply because they don't like seeing people having fun together. I've been a regular in Abject Silliness almost as long as I've been a member of the forums, and find that it's a nice break from all the hullabaloo that goes on in the rest of the forums. When I get tired of the endless threads expousing the virtues of cotton vs. nylon, Magellan vs. Garmin, tupperware vs. ammo boxes, I like to come to AS for a break. Something to lighten the mood. I get totally fed up with people who start threads on how to pick a hiking boot, or what socks to wear, when in fact they are personal conversations created under the thin veil of being geocache related. At least in AS, we don't try to hide the fact that what we're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with geocaching, even though we do quite often speak of geocaching. Teaching someone how to make a walking stick is no more related to geocaching than a discussion on which octane level of gasoline you should use getting to McDonald's to buy more McToys.

Are the anti-silly people here jealous that we have fun? Do they feel left out? Or are the attacks a compensation for other fears and anxieties they are feeling? Would you rather have the gang of loonies from AS running amok in the other parts of the forums, derailing threads, moaning about the approvers denying yet another miserable attempt at placing a tombstone virtual?

Come on, tell me what your beef is, 'cause I ain't buying any of the stories I've heard yet. :lol:

Edited by Sparky-Watts