Northern New York Geocachers Event

nfa

Hello Everyone!

The Northern New York Geocachers (NNYGeo) is hosting an event on June 19, 2004 in Long Lake, NY. The purpose of the event is to meet other geocachers in Northern New York, have some fun, talk about geocaching, and share some geocaching loot.

Members of Northern New York Geocachers (NNYGeo) can take a YJTB home with them, along with some other NNYGeo stuff: buttons, cache cards, rear-window stickers, and "Official Geocache" ID stickers. Non-members of NNYGeo are (of course) welcome as well, and can also plan on taking some cool stuff home with them as well.

Bring any TBs you want to exchange, as well as examples of signature items and other caching related stuff you would like to talk about/share with the event.

Plan on getting to the event around 11:30 or noon, and we'll talk a bit before having lunch (and adult beverages) at the Adirondack Hotel (although you could picnic by the beach if you prefer). After lunch, there is a great public beach for swimming or just hanging out. It should be a great day!

I look forward to meeting as many Northern New York Geocachers as can make it.

[[bump]]

Hi,

I opened up the Northern New York Geocachers' box of Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs today... :huh:

smgrp.jpg

lggrp.jpg

They are getting ready for the event the Northern New York Geocachers (NNYGeo) is hosting an on June 19, 2004 in Long Lake, NY. :P

Besides the YJTBs, there will be lots of goodies and goodtimes to be had by all who attend the event! :P

I look forward to a big turnout on the 19th! :P

nfa

[[bump]]

Hi,

I prepared some door prizes for the event this weekend on 6/19/04 (if you walk in the door, you get a prize):

smileystuff.jpg

These are gifts for all attendees from the Northern New York Geocachers (NNYGeo), and include:

• a cache container
  • a YJTB
  • "Official Geocache" ID stickers and cards
  • NNYGeo buttons
  • NNYGeo rear-windom stickers
  • NNYGeo golf pencils with erasers (if they get here in time)

I hope to see lots of Northern New York Geocachers this Saturday, the weather in Long Lake is supposed to be great!

nfa

{{Last Bump}}

Hi,

The Northern New York Geocachers (NNYGeo) hosted event is tomorrow, 6/19/04, in Long Lake, NY; these has been some response, but I'm posting this last appeal to people in Northern New York to come to what should be a fun event.

I would also ask that anyone who comes bring their GPS unit, digital camera, and other gear (techie and non-techie) that you consider essential (or just fun) for geocaching. I would like to see what people are using in their geocaching efforts, and bet some others would also.

Thanks, and I hope to see a nice turnout tomorrow!

nfa

Edited by NFA

We had a frost last week (and snow the last weekend in May!), but it should be 70 and sunny tomorrow in Long Lake!

Maybe you can come to the next event...I'm thinking of one in Saranac Lake during the winter carnival (with the world famous ice castle).

nfa