It's Broke!

CoyoteRed

A couple of locationless caches started showing up on our first unfound page today. It's true we haven't found them, but I thought locationless would have been excluded from a zip code search, and we're pretty sure they weren't on our nearby unfound cache list yesterday.

We're using a URL of http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.asp...23&dist=100&f=1 while logged in as Jon & Miki. The unexpected caches are Somewhere in Time and The Chameleon Cache.

We can work around it with a pocket query, but I thought you'd like to know about the change in filter behavior.

Jon & Miki

I too am seeing locationless on my nearest (filter finds) link. This is just plain annoying, as they come up depending on some arbitrary location when what i'm looking for is physical caches.

Not that I have anything against locationless caches. I think you should auction them off on ebay occasionally to make extra cash.

Same thing with my page. They don't have an actual location, so their "spots" should not come up. The website is acting strangely today. For some reason, although the LCs show up, they are not in the actual count, as my 100 find radius that I have not found is at 357, only one up from yesterday.

Does "&dist=" not work anymore for distances over 100 miles? I have a PQ that is set for 101 miles and I get 379 caches listed. Using "&f=1&dist=101" (or anything over 100) I get only 352 caches listed on the website.

You're right!

Can't search over 100 miles anymore!

I didn't notice because we're working on clearing out our 60 mile radius so we have our bookmark set to that.