Data From Palm To Garmin 60cs?

I'd really like to find a way to add maps to my 60CS without having to have a computer (like on a long road trip).

Does anyone know of a way, for example, to have City Select maps on a SD card that's inside a Palm and then connect the Palm to the GPSr and transfer the maps?

Or, what if some .mps files were on one of those key-chain USB hard disks, would that allow transfer to the GPSr?

Or, does anyone know of a minimalist lap top ("palm" top?) that is actually a XP OS system that would thus clearly solve the problem. I'm thinking about something with like a 4 inch screen.

I know that the 56 megs is a lot, compared to what used to be, but it really only sort of works for me. I supposed I could have waited for the 76CS, but I just couldn't wait!! But, frankly, even 115 megs is still limiting. There really needs to be a better solution.

You can load city select at only the major cities and a smaller map like Metroguide for the in between spots. Or you can just use the base map for the in between spots. The 60C will autoroute across the base map and utilize the city select where it's installed.

As for using a palm device unfortunately thats not going to happen. You need to have a host device to serve the maps from. Unfortunately all the Palms/PocketPCs out there currently are slave devices meant to be connected to a computer themselves just like the GPS. At least that's what I've read and been told.

PDAs and GPSrs can communicate fine, if you use serial, the standard protocol, instead of USB. If you want to use your 60cs with a PDA, you need a serial cable. Transferring waypoints is no problem at all, provided you have the proper software, and there are a number of freeware apps available to do that. Transferring maps is another story, though, and I don't know of a way to do that.

Thanks. I also heard about the non-symmetric nature of USB ports. And that idea of using the base map between downloaded cites is a good one. Re PDAs, it's the maps I really want. I was just hoping that there might be some device which allowed two slaves to communicate.