60cs Losing Satellites

My 60CS is a couple of months old now and it seems like everytime I turn around I am losing the satellites. For the most part I have to shut down and restart to find them and even then it takes forever. This happens even when I have the external antenna on it. I am sure if I do some searching I could find other posts but I will take the easier route and start a new post.

murph

hi Murph,

I have had my 60C since the first day they were released in Canada and so far it's working great. I do wish the coverage was better in deep woods as it seems to lose lock, but all my GPS units do this. Are you sure yuor not in battery saver mode? Maybe that has something to do with it?

It happens most when it is plugged into my cigarette adapter and with my external antenna. When I lose it I will set my GPS up on the dash to make sure that it is not the external antenna and still don't get reception. I have to shut it off and then back on again. Even when it comes back on it takes for ever to get more than two satellites. So I don't know if the saver mode would have anything to do with it?

murph

It happens most when it is plugged into my cigarette adapter and with my external antenna. When I lose it I will set my GPS up on the dash to make sure that it is not the external antenna and still don't get reception. I have to shut it off and then back on again. Even when it comes back on it takes for ever to get more than two satellites. So I don't know if the saver mode would have anything to do with it?

murph

Does this happen when traveling through hilly country? Also does it happen in the same area repeatedly?

It happens mostly while on the road. Open area, but yes now that you mention it, it has happened twice in the same area, but again it is open area no trees within a quarter mile.

There could be some sort of radio interference in the area. That's why I asked if it is happening in the same place repeatedly.