76c Impressions

This is the sixth Garmin unit that I have owned and it has the typical quality build that I've come to expect. After an hour's worth of use, it seems ever bit as user friendly as the 60c.

Took about 14min to transfer 114MB and it acquires the lock in about the same time as the 60c. I didn't expect it to "feel" as big in the hand as it does---the upper button placement will take some adjustment time.

I really am impressed with the control pad---it has just the right amt of tension and seems a slight improvement over the pad of the 60C. Will need more evaluation time but it seems very dependent on a vertical orientation whereas the 60c seems to hold the lock a little better horizontally.

As you might expect, the screen is terrific---especially outside.

First impressions are very positive with the exception of the feeling of bulk. Others may draw very different conclusions in their initial handling but I know all will appreciate the added memory--114 map sets was impressive!