Looking For Gps Software

I have a Garmin Etrex. This is my first GPS unit, and I just love it. Al the features you state on the "fancy" models would be nice, but I like mine just the same (The Yellow color can be hard to hide..I have a black case, and when someone looks at me, I hold it up to my ear like a cellphone ... Total Geek, I know).

Anyways, I am lookng for software, similar to the Compass software/Waypoint on my Etrex. I want to put in my home coord's, and then the waypoint Geocaches. I would like ti to tell me the Distance, and Compass directions of the Cache. It would be nice if it took Easy GPS software...

I don't need street map software, I just need something, to determine how far Cache's are.

Let me know...Love Geocaching

Computerdood

Just hooked up my GPS to my serial port.

I've got a Garmin GPS II+, and I managed to find a Y adapter cable to GPS/Serialport/12v power.

Anyway, I JUST installed EasyGPS and was able to Xfer WP's to my GPS. With this one, I just hit PAGE until it pulls up the NEAREST WAYPOINTS list, and the closest will be on top. I then hit GOTO (it'll highlight the nearest WP) and ENTER. Then it shows me either a real rough map (eg, a straight line) to the WP or give me a compass readout and a distance reading (as the crow flies, of course). I think yours has a similar feature, but I'm not sure.

Maybe this helps - I hope it does!

-MB

Think I'll sign up for the premium services and start downloading crap straight to my GPS tonight. Yeah! Wish me luck!