Reward For This Find!!!

mikeacrossamerica.com

I have an odd request for you all in the Oklahoma and Texas areas!!! HELP FIND MY GLASSES!!! :D + REWARD!

A metal detector will be handy here...

I'm a geocacher / photographer from NY state, Plattsburgh NY 12901, or N44 39.563 W73 24.992 to be exact.

I was stormchasing with Channel 5 out of Oklahoma city. Al I have to say is that you live in Oklahoma where the wind will take your town into the air, and I live in NY where it's 30 below zero for 2 months. So you pick your battles, but anyway!

Here's the rub, I lost my glasses -BUT- my GPS was recording data and I think I know where the glasses are! All I did was download the data, and look for the appropriate areas where our speed was zero and the path shows us zooming all over the ditches.

Would you, at your leisure, go and look for them? There's a reward, $30 bucks (and whatever it takes to mail them to me) to whoever sends em back. They say "gucci" on the frame and are dark wire glasses, wide, and are my favorite glasses I ever had!! But I didnt have enough time during the storm to go back to search for the darn glasses for fear of getting killed by the storm! I'm sure you Oklahomans are familiar with the tornados, so I dont have to tell you.

Here's the coords to search, if you choose to take this up...

The most likely area is this:

N34 21.741 W98 10.513 on the north side of the road, perhaps as much as 15 - 20 feet from the road, and I walked a path that was only 30 feet long when I was out of the car. This is near Rt 53 & N2700 rd.

The next best place to look is here:

Near 53 and N2730 rd, at N34 21.748 W98 07.559 North side of the road, pretty much the same info as above coords, but less likely.

Perhaps you would also check the following 2 areas, not far off?

N34 18.658 W98 18.783 on the west side of the road and I walked over to the place where the cattle can cross the road, the 3 bean wooden structure area. and I parked about 30 feet south of the area. This is a less likely area.

And least of all, the Dr Pepper Road and N 2890 rd, N34 22.591 W97 50.701 N and S side of the road, mostly on the S side...

By the way, our story will air on News Channel 5 in Upstate NY, Montreal, Canada, and Burlington/Montpelier VT.

$30 reward! Please pass this note to all Southern Oklahoma and Wichita Falls, Texas geocachers please! You are the best! And while you are at it, send up a travel bug if you want!

Mike French, or 'sirius black'

Special Assignment News Photographer

WPTZ NEWS CHANNEL 5

5 TELEVISION DRIVE

PLATTSBURGH NY 12901

PLEASE DO LOOK FOR THEM!!! YOU ROCK ruhereyet, whatever that means!!! YEAH! thanks you thank you thank you!!!!

I'd go probably 50 or a hundred feet up and then down the roads from the points, and I never went more than 3/4 the way to the fence, and at least 5 feet from the road. I was just shooting video of a storm and they fell out of my pocket. I wish there was a way I could help you more with the search! But please spend your time on the first 2 coords, that's the likely hot spots. Can you get your hands on a metal detector?

N34 21.741 W98 10.513 most likely

N34 21.748 W98 07.559 I noticed them gone as I left this spot but probably didnt lose them here, but...

----------

N34 18.658 W98 18.783 perhaps they are here but I doubt it, extremly low chance

N34 22.591 W97 50.701 least likely

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

ORIGINAL MESsAGE BELOW!!!!

I have an odd request for you all in Oklahoma! And the ultimate (rewarded) GEOCACHE!

I'm a geocacher / photographer / storm chaser from NY state, Plattsburgh NY 12901 to be exact, and I was stormchasing with Channel 5 out of Oklahoma city.

Here's the rub, I lost my glasses -BUT- my GPS was recording data and since I know when they became missing, and when/where the vehicle was parked, I can know where the glasses are! All I did was download the data back home, and look for the appropriate areas where our speed was zero and the path shows us walking all over the ditches.

Would you at your leisure go and look for them? There's a reward, $30 bucks (and whatever & it takes to mail them to me) to whoever sends em back. They say "gucci" on the frame and are dark wire glasses, wide, and are my favorite glasses I ever had!! Check my profile on geocaching to see a picture of the glasses on my face if you want. I didnt have enough time during the storm to go back to search for the darn glasses for fear of getting killed by the storm! I'm sure you Oklahomans and Texans and Tornado Alleycats are familiar with the tornados, so I dont have to tell you.

Here's the 4 coords to search in order of importance!

N34 21.741 W98 10.513 most likely

N34 21.748 W98 07.559 I noticed them gone as I left this spot

N34 18.658 W98 18.783 perhaps they are here but I doubt it

N34 22.591 W97 50.701 least likely

The most likely area is this:

N34 21.741 W98 10.513 on the north side of the road, perhaps as much as 15 - 20 feet from the road, and I walked a path that was only 30 feet long when I was out of the car. This is near Rt 53 & N2700 rd. Park on the southern side of the road to avoid crushing them!

The next best place to look is here:

Near 53 and N2730 rd, at N34 21.748 W98 07.559 North side of the road, pretty much the same info as above coords, but less likely. Park on the southern side of the road to avoid crushing them!

Perhaps you would also check the following 2 areas, not far off?

N34 18.658 W98 18.783 on the west side of the road and I walked over to the place where the cattle can cross the road, the 3 bean wooden structure area. and I parked about 30 feet south of the area. This is a less likely area.

And least of all, the Dr Pepper Road and N 2890 rd, N34 22.591 W97 50.701 N and S side of the road, mostly on the S side...

By the way, our story will air on News Channel 5 in Upstate NY, Montreal, Canada, and Burlington/Montpelier VT.

$30 reward! Please pass this note to all Southern Oklahoma and Wichita Falls, Texas geocachers please! You are the best! And while you are at it, send up a travel bug if you want!

CAMERAPERSON@HOTMAIL.COM

Mike French, Special Assignment Photographer

WPTZ NEWS CHANNEL 5

5 TELEVISION DRIVE

PLATTSBURGH NY 12901