Can't wait! Are we on the right track?

Booyotch

Hello!

Well, we heard about caching about a year ago, but we were reminded recently by a newspaper article (Arkansas regulating caches in state parks) and we've decided to give it a go!

My girlfriend and I will be splitting the cost of a Garvin Rino 110 with my brother and his wife. I've decided on the 110 due to it's rugged construction, internal compass and selection of useful features. The built-in radio is nice, and the ability to locate other friends w/in a 2 mile radius is nice too!

As for Items, we were thinking along the lines of CDs of music we like, camping tools and such, and gift certificates to local shops and attractions. Also an Idea would be some hand-crafted things and artwork.

We live In Hot Springs, AR, and the central part of town is a national park, which may make it tricky to put caches in. It's too bad, because there are a TON of cool places! Not to mention all the GREAT parks and lakes.

We had the idea to place one when we get more experience in places only reachable by canoe, which makes for an even more fun float. We love to hike, and have a good knowledge of parks in the area.

I also plan on making some personal tokens to leave here and there.

Also, thanks for having this website! It's given us a great base of information to look over, and get some great guidelines.

-Boo

Thanks Brian and Gaddiel!

yeah, I figured there would be some wonky finds here and there, but I really can't wait to establish some caches around here. I know tons of great locations that would be alot of fun to find.

I was a bit dismayed to see the regulation of caching here in the state parks, mainly because I want to be sure that they don't get too regulatory and spoil the fun by making you have to jump through hoops to play. But there are lots and lots and lots of places to put things. They don't call us "The Natural State" for nothing!

This is gonna kill us until we pick up a reciever! Might have to go snag one this weekend icon_biggrin.gif