When is a cache considered a micro-cache?

Jenny L

A micro cache to me is a band aid container or a film container that film comes in. I have found three caches that had film containers as micro caches. To me a micro cache is a very small container that you can only fit a small pencil and a rolled up peice of paper into. Anything like a band aid container or smaller would be considered a micro cache. But that's just my opinion.

Mommy#1 icon_wink.gif

Join Geocaching -The sport where YOU are the search engine.

A micro cache to me is a band aid container or a film container that film comes in. I have found three caches that had film containers as micro caches. To me a micro cache is a very small container that you can only fit a small pencil and a rolled up peice of paper into. Anything like a band aid container or smaller would be considered a micro cache. But that's just my opinion.

Mommy#1 icon_wink.gif

Join Geocaching -The sport where YOU are the search engine.

Jenny,

We have all tried to get a new category called "mini" which perfectly describes your container (as well as the many "decontamination containers" in use for caches.)

I usually label my caches that are about that size as "micros" (so that people won't bring tennis ball size objects or larger to trade.)

Until we can get a new category, the best thing to do is list it as a "micro" and then describe its size (just like you did.)

--majicman (mommy#1's Dad)

--majicman

(Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!)