Garmin 60cs Geocace Mode

On page 37 of the manual it shows a screen shot that has the difficulty and terrain rating of the cache that you are navigating to. Is that info somehow uploaded to the unit or is it inputted manually by the user? I loaded my cache list to my 60cs from Mapsource on my laptop and I don't have this info available on my gps.

On page 37 of the manual it shows a screen shot that has the difficulty and terrain rating of the cache that you are navigating to. Is that info somehow uploaded to the unit or is it inputted manually by the user?

The latter--they manually typed in diff/terr for the screenshot.

If you want to see diff/terr and other info in the note field, try GASK. (The other software options might do it--I have only used GASK and love it.) The default settings in GASK don't put diff/terr into the note field, but it is easy to set it up with the %code tags.

Note: if you want GASK to interface directly to your 60CS, you have to get a serial cable (010-10141 compatible) for $8. I don't know if you can get diff/terr in the note field if you use GASK and send your waypoints to Mapsource.

Note: if you want GASK to interface directly to your 60CS, you have to get a serial cable (010-10141 compatible) for $8. I don't know if you can get diff/terr in the note field if you use GASK and send your waypoints to Mapsource

When you export to mapsource the %codes work. I export to mapsource then upload, and all the tags are correct.

Don't buy the serial cable. Just export to mapsource, and upload via USB. It's much faster :D