Tb Needs To Get Moving Again

LindaLu

Hi everyone--

Can anyone near Concord, CA help get my TB moving again? The TB page is at http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1931 and the cache that it's been at for a year now is at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fe-246336c744d1 .

I emailed the cache owner to see if they know anything or are planning to check on the cache anytime soon, but got no response.

Thanks for your help!

Help is on the way. Tomorrow (June 19, 2004) my posse and I (four women) are going to climb Mt. Diablo just to search for this lonely TB ! We have our hard hats, pick axes, ropes, foot cleats, goggles, and a film crew ready to go. Stay tuned for a report upon our return. There's nothing like a TB in distress that gets me out on the trail! :blink:

Oh happy days the Cache Pen TB has been found!

I hiked up to Runner's Edge (Clayton, Callifornia) with the "Ladies of the Rope Guild," a newly formed women's group whose mission is to rescue lonely travel bugs. Ever since I saw LindaLu's post in this forum asking for someone to look for her travel bug (the Cache Pen) it remained on my mind. So two months ago I began to gather and plan an expedition to the top of Olympic mountain. BykeNut, HykeNut, ahahaHAHAahaha(that is supposed to be the sound of a quail but it is a cache name as well--Heh), and Ronka agreed to give it a go. Rundex, the cache owner, also supplied me with all the details I needed to find her cache just to make extra sure we found it.

After a two hour climb (we didn't even need to use our picks, ropes or oxygen masks) we made it to the site. The final single track leading to the cache was an interesting one, and at the end we were treated to wonderful views of the bay area. We found the cache in excellent shape and THE CACHE PEN!! Poor thing has been stranded here more than a year. I am happy to report it is in excellent shape.

You can read about the Cache Pen TB at:

Cache Pen TB

or the cache page at Runner's Edge

Runner's Edge

I included photos as well.

Happy Trails,

GeoWomyn_SF_CA