Gps 60cs Memory Question

You are speaking of the detailed mapping, arn't you? A sfar as I know there is no way to tell this on the GPS. However if you look on the Mapsource software on your computer it tells you how much memory of Megs you loaded on the GPS. If you dont see it try scroling the tab area back into view on the left side of your computer screen.

Edited by RockyRiver

I am just talking about all data that has been loaded onto the unit. I haven't loaded any maps on the GPS unit yet, still waiting for the software to get to me.

But I have loaded a bunch of Geocaching sites, I know that they probably don't take up much room, but I was just curious if there was a way to check how much I have used.

Does anyone know how much spacec a waypoint takes up?

Thanks

--Jeremy

From the Specs page:

Waypoints/icons: 1000 with name and graphic symbol, 10 nearest (automatic), 10 proximity

Routes: 50 reversible routes with up to 250 points each, plus MOB and TracBack® modes

Tracks: 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks, 500 points each, let you retrace your path in both directions

==========================================================

A waypoint takes up 1/1000th of your waypoint space

The only meter you will find is on the Tracks page. It shows a percentage of used track log space.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Wallll.... now I don't know about the 60CS, have not ordered one yet.... still waitin on the Ft. Bliss PX to call me back. BUT......

On the VISTA, that function IS available. You find it under MAIN MENU - SYSTEM. It is called MEMORY USED.

Perhaps you can now spot it on the 60CS. I don't want to believe that the VISTA can do it, and the 60 can't... so let us know. HTH... :rolleyes:

From the Vista manual:

"The 'Memory Used' figure refers to the non-volatile memory within your unit and cannot be adjusted directly. Saving a number of track logs and waypoints may affect the percentage but normally will not cause problems."

This is indeed separate from the Track log indicator graph. Come to think of it, I think my Legend had that feature too...

I've just been playin' with my 60C, and dang... I don't see a "Memory Used" indicator anywhere! :)

Maybe if we all complain to Garmin, they'll put one in the next firmware udate... :)

Edited by Neo_Geo