Trolling

In view of the topic earlier today started with an ill spelled and rather dubious posting which seemed to be from a troll, I am wondering if our moderators or indeed GC.COM have the power to cancel registrations from obvious trolls who have never been near a cache but whose names boost the apparent number of cachers in the records.

I fancy this has been raised before but do not remember the answer.

It seems a nonsense if you look at the GC:UK stats and see name after name of registered cachers who have never hidden or found a cache. I appreciate that some have only just registered and are feeling the water before becoming active, but other have been there for years.

Internet troll

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally, merely as a ludibrium. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.

Simple bullheadedness and/or defiance is not necessarily trolling. Trolling involves enticing an unsuspecting user into a conflict.

More.