New Here.....

Nick_T

Hi ya'll! I've heard of this game before but just started poking around a bit and looks like it could be a load of fun. I've had a GPS for a couple of months now, bought it for measuring fire sizes at work, woodland firefighter, and also marking hunting spots that I can't seem to find while boating in the dark. The set-up I'm currently using is the Etrex Legend with the Roads and Rec. maps loaded in it. It's served its' purpose well and doubt I'll have to upgrade anytime soon. If anyone has an extra cig. lighter power cable that'll fit this unit please let me know. It loves batteries! I didn't realize that there was so many people in the central GA area that is Geocaching. I did a search by zip code and a cache found yesterday is only about a mile from where I work, knew exactly where it was by the discription. Noticed that the GA Association is having a meeting in Macon this Sat., is this an open meeting or do ya have to sign up before hand to show up? My work has been hectic the past week and not sure if I could make it there or not but if I can break away I'd like to attend. Notice that one of the main points of conversation is going to be UTM coords. and this is what I use at work and am pretty versed in their use. I find them alot easier to learn to use than Lat/Long in my applications.

But anyhow, sorry for the rambling. Just really wanted to say howdy and I might be setting out some caches in the central GA area that'll be pretty challenging.

Nick T

All you need to do is show up! You can come late or leave early as well. We will start at 2 PM and run through 4 PM. People usually show up early and stay late. I will not be able to be there this time. I will be in FL on business. It is a fun group of people and you have some great cachers down in the Middle GA area. Be sure to visit our web site for information regarding placing caches in GA.

http://www.ggaonline.org

Welcome to Geocaching in Georgia!

Edited by mtn-man