Garmin 60c Neck Lanyard

I was looking for a replacement neck lanyard for the 60C when I picked one up but they listed nothing like that in the accessories page. At a weekend caching event I saw a guy who had a Geko and had just purchased the 60C. He found that the connector was the same so the Geko Neck Lanyard fits the 60C.

I've already dropped my 60C in the snow at least once a cache (with the wrist strap) so I need one and it beats tyin' it around your neck with a piece of string.. :ph34r:

010-10404-00.jpg

http://www.gpscentral.ca/accessories/necklanyard.htm

Cheers!

I just got my 60CS and ordered the Geko/Rino Neck Lanyard as well.

It fit's but is much shorter than the Lanyard that comes with my eTrex Venture. It's to short to use the GPS with the lanyard attached (or my neck is to big B) ).

I like using the mounting knob for the lanyard instead of the lanyard loop thingy - because it keeps the GPS more leveled dangling in front of me.

If anybody knows of a similar contraption that is longer please let me know. Otherwise I think I'll take the Geko Lanyard apart and put a longer string into it (after my first 60CS geocaching day tomorrow - I can't wait to try the beast in the wild :P - for now I am using the eTrex lanyard through the proper loop on the 60CS and that is long enough to wear and use at the same time)....

I find that the carabiner clip is more versatile than the neck lanyard. It is also made for the Geko/Rino, but fits the 60c/s. If you want to hang it around your neck, you can make your own lanyard, then clip it to that. However, it can also be clipped to a belt loop, or to a pack strap. I like to attach it to the shoulder strap on my pack where the strap joins the bottom of the pack near the wast belt. It is easy to view and work the GPSr while it is still attached.

Just thought I would mention that as an option to consider.

Edited by Dog Knows