Geocaching Activity Graph

woo2

Given the massive usage of the 2/28-2/29 weekend, probably resulting from fantastic "first touch of spring" weather across much of the US combined with the "coolness" aspect of logging finds on 2/29, how about a Geocaching Activity Report? It may help justify the "server busy" errors when people see a spike and say "Gee, everyone had the same idea as I did... no wonder!"

The following graphs may be of interest:

Total Logged Cache Hunts x MM/DD/YY (1 month period)

Total logged Finds x MM/DD/YY (1 month period)

Total logged NotFound x MM/DD/YY (1 month period)

Demographically broken down by location given in user info, i.e. Northeast US, Midwest US, Europe, etc.

Comparison to averages from the previous year, actually this could make for some interesting rivalries, i.e. East Coast vs West Coast.

I think you get the idea. It would be interesting to see when Geocaching activity peaks and lulls, and why. When does the best and worst logged Find/Not Found ratio happen? It will also help you spot trends (if you're not doing that behind the scenes already) to help prepare for upcomming usage spikes.

I find the system status indicator that is on the wheresgeorge site helpful. If I see it yellow or red I know that I will experience slowness or other issues I proceed.

Something of this nature might help everyone from asking if there a system problem. Just a thought. :)

how about a Geocaching Activity Report?

Demographically broken down by location given in user info, i.e. Northeast US, Midwest US, Europe, etc.

Figures like this: UK Stats you mean?

As for lumping the whole of Europe as one region... pah :).

We've got our own UK stats, so I'm not too worried, but it would be interesting to see figures for activity across Geocaching in general.