How Long For Aproval.

maxd1

It really depends on the area. Some approvers in the more densely cached areas are quite busy, so it will take them longer to approve the caches. In my area, *gln has approved all of my caches in under 4 hours........I've heard of other approvers that have approved them in under an hour after they were submitted.....just be patient.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, and ralann answered it too, but the approvers don't actually go to the cache site and look at it....they have to rely only on the information you've given them....so, if you haven't supplied much info, it may take them longer to approve it.....

So how do they know if someone is making it up?

Basically all of Geocaching is a big honor system. Finders expect the hiders to be honest in actually hiding a cache. Hiders expect finders to be honest in actually reporting a found cache. The Powers That Be expect hiders to be honest in obeying the rules about obtaining permission. Travel bug owners expect TB finders to honestly want to move the TB instead of holding on it it. We all hope that muggles will be honest enough to leave our caches alone and/or join our game.

Like all games it is fun while everyone -- or at least the majority -- are honest.