Encrypting Coordinates

bigeddy

I've seen a few cache descriptions over the years that use a long string of numbers to encrypt the coordinates. Something like 70+ digits. No letters. What are these people up to? It seems like an interesting way to hide coordinates from casual eyes. Probably something simple but my mind doesn't think that way! Ever seen something like that or another good way to encrypt coordinates?

I personaly hid a cache that wade you listen to morse code to get your coords

I studied morse code years ago. Tried listening to tapes while driving to work until I realized that it took so much concentration that I was barely aware I was driving! :P That was before distracting cell phones became common. Now it seems every other driver is not paying attention! :P

Here's an example of coordinates for a cache that is not in my area but caught my attention:

Gives me a headache!

Now what I want is some inexpensive (read free) :P program that will decrypt some of these pages. I've seen a couple that I cannot figure out where to even start! The cache owner doesn't want to give hints, either. :P Others have found these caches, so it must be do-able. Maybe it's just that my mind isn't flexible enough, or maybe I need to print the page out and go sit on the toilet. Hey, it's where I figured out the Rubik's cube for the first time! :P

Edited cause a grammer:

Edited by emccoyii

There are plenty of sources out on the internet for decoders. Various encrypt/decrypt tools can be found at Simon Singh's Website . Cryptography is pretty interesting, but that's besides the point. This site will help you decode some - if not all the encryption here. Hope this helps. It can take some time to decode sometimes, but it should be accomplishable, as I'm certain most people will use substitution cyphers. :D

Edited by TopherGZ