Coralville Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting

rooboy

This coming Monday evening, Feb 23, 2004, at 7pm, the Coralville (Iowa) Parks & Recreation Commission will be having their monthly meeting. In early January 2004, I approached the Coralville Parks director, Juli Johnson, RE: getting the City of Coralville to officially allow geocaching in their parks.

I have been invited to give a short presentation at Monday's meeting about geocaching and answer any geocaching questions that the commission may have. It would be great to see other geocachers attend this meeting if possilbe--the presentation is at the begining of the meting, so you won't have to stay for the whole meeting.

The meeting is scheduled for 7pm at the Coralville Recreation Center, 1506 8th Street. I am told that there is a possibility that the meeting may be moved to the North Ridge Pavillion which is in North Ridge Park (off Holliday Road). If the venue is changed, I will post a note here.

Regards

Daniel

Edit: Modify Coralville to Coralville (Iowa)

Edited by rooboy

Success! :) Geocaching is now officially allowed in Coralville city parks, but the implementation and details of this policy are still being finalized. I believe that the system will work in a manner similar to Story counties (Iowa) geocaching policy. I will post the details when everything is finalized.

A big thank you to Welch for attending the meeting.

Ciao

RooBoy