Thank You/praise

Ferreter5

Just a quick note of praise and thanks to the geocaching.com folks for designing the website to be easy on us dial-up users.

All of the most useful and frequented pages on the site have no excruciatingly burdensome images, layout, included files, etc that would take along time to download over a dial-up connection. The only time I get a performance hit is when I choose to access a secondary page, feature, image, etc that I know will take awhile.

Way too many sites these days are horribly designed and not tuned for performance at all. They just assume everyone has a T3 connection or other fat pipe. Did I mention I hate my bank's website? <_<

Keep up the good work, geocaching.com. And, don't forget us dial-upsters in any redesign work you might do to the site.

Thank you! From one happy geocacher. :blink:

I agree 100%! I live in a place where dial-up is the only option. Thank you so much for making this site slow-poke friendly! And thanks for all the other efforts that go into site maintenance too. You probably only hear about things when they go wrong, but GC.com is great and enriches a lot of people's lives! Thanks!!! <_<