How Do I Start With My Ipaq 5550

webwidejosh

I'm looking between the Pharos and Navtech because I'd like something to use the car primarily. I think I need to find a compatible software product to do Geocaching.

Let me know if I'm wrong. I'm leaning towards the Navtech because it seems like a sweet single unit (No CF in the 5550). It actually does add a CF slot though. The SDIO cost too much, $350 without software (suggested price). The Navtech goes for a little over $200 on eBay.

I KNOW I want vehicle GPS, and I THINK i'd like to do some Geocaching. If I get hooked on the geocaching I'd be willing to buy a sweet handheld GPS later. For now I'd like to use what I have, and buy something for what I KNOW I want to do that the hobbie can piggy-back on.

Any help is appreciate, thanks.

Joshua James

President, Carolina Recreation.com

jjames@carolinarecreation.com

Thanks, that helps me believe what I want to do is actually possible... And the link helps greatly!

Let me add that it would be awesome if I would be able to use the GPS I purchase in my notebook PC as well.

I got this idea from the fact that the software you directed me to has a version for both the PC and the PDA. Ha!

Thanks!