Sportrac And Mapsend Problems

dccbasser

anyone having problems up loading a map from the new magellan mapsend direct route software. i made a region and did everything per directions and it gets to the point of loading the map and then i get a error to try again. software can find port one and the serial number and baut rate is 4800.the map also is the correct size. im stumped. i have a sportrac pro and its brand new with no maps ever downloadedto it. also have the new 5.0 firmware. mapsend downloaded ok and runs fine. just wont download map. im new to gps and maybe im missing something. but i think i have done everything per directions. even cleared memery on gps.everyone else seems to have problems running the software on dvd ect. not me. i have tried to do this 5 times now and see no support for this on magellan web site. im at work right now and can get into better detailes later. i dont have anything else on computer to interfear with port 1 i dont think. thank you

i uploaded a very small map i made on directsend to my gps but it dont like that 22000 kb map. even though it shows i have the space for it. guess ill play around and see how big of map it will upload. i thought you could upload a map as long as you have the space for it. those bugs on new software. <_<