Exporting Waypoints To Gpsr

SgtCacher

I have been trying to export waypoints from my National Geographic National Parks TOPO program using their export wizard without success, however waypoints downloaded from geocaching.com into easy gps will export to my Vista with no problem. I have basically given up on the TOPO wizard, so now the question is how to transfer waypoints from my TOPO program into easy gps for export. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance,

Rich

OK gotcha. I thought maybe there was an easy (drag and drop) solution. I can enter the coordinates manually into the edit waypoint screen on easy gps, but then it's not really easy gps. I guess the problem is translating the topo files into something easy gps can read. I'm not familiar with the program you mentioned to do this. Thanks for the help.

GPSBabel can convert between almost any formats. You do need to know a little about computers, preferably DOS commands, because it's not completely intuitive, but it works. The GPSBabelFront runs in Windows, and is fairly easy to use. You can't drag and drop, but it gets the job done. You need to know how things work under the hood without drag'n'drop, anyway.

GPSBabel can convert between almost any formats. You do need to know a little about computers, preferably DOS commands, because it's not completely intuitive, but it works. The GPSBabelFront runs in Windows, and is fairly easy to use. You can't drag and drop, but it gets the job done. You need to know how things work under the hood without drag'n'drop, anyway.

True.

You can write a batch file that does it automatically once you set it up though. It's setting it up that takes a little work.