Etrex Legend - Those Funny Little Lines

Hi- My etrex legend works GREAT for navigation and waypoint geocashing. But at various zoom's there are a lot of "lines" going everywhich way but loose that don't seem to make sense to me (after downloading a map area from metroguide mapsource). Is it some sort of routing data or something like that? I'd sure like to get rid of it and JUST see my map and waypoints I have. I thought perhaps if I download a fresh map from my metroguide mapsource it might handle it, but it doesn't.

There WAS a message when I downloaded saying I was downloading some kind of "routing data" and did I want to stop and turn it off, but I found nothing to turn off. I've got the latest (3.60) software in my legend and the latest upgrade (5.04) of the metroguide installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Bobby Berns

There WAS a message when I downloaded saying I was downloading some kind of "routing data" and did I want to stop and turn it off, but I found nothing to turn off. I've got the latest (3.60) software in my legend and the latest upgrade (5.04) of the metroguide installed.

You do want to turn off the uploading of routing data - the Legend can't use it.

The checkbox to turn it on/off is in the left panel, near the bottom, on the Maps tab.

There WAS a message when I downloaded saying I was downloading some kind of "routing data" and did I want to stop and turn it off, but I found nothing to turn off.  I've got the latest (3.60) software in my legend and the latest upgrade (5.04) of the metroguide installed.

You do want to turn off the uploading of routing data - the Legend can't use it.

The checkbox to turn it on/off is in the left panel, near the bottom, on the Maps tab.

i am on my map page..but dont see a selection to turn it off on my legend..am i in the wrong area?

thanks

There WAS a message when I downloaded saying I was downloading some kind of "routing data" and did I want to stop and turn it off, but I found nothing to turn off.  I've got the latest (3.60) software in my legend and the latest upgrade (5.04) of the metroguide installed.

i am on my map page..but dont see a selection to turn it off on my legend..am i in the wrong area?

thanks

Yes, I believe you need to turn it off in the software on your PC, if I remember correctly. :(

thanks

Yes, I believe you need to turn it off in the software on your PC, if I remember correctly. :(

ah....its not on my legend...ok....

thanks