Safety On Lone Geocaching

Team SummerSnoop

Use "Bear Guard" pepper spray. It's for Grizzly Bears and it works.

I used to sell pepper spray and stun guns to women back when I was in retail. I always told em "Empty the pepper spray on em, and when they're down, drain the battery on em with the Stun Gun".

:unsure:

But the best recommendation I can give a woman is this-

Don't cache alone, and if you do even though you shouldn't, carry the Bear Guard pepper spray with you. If you need to, pal up with another geocaching couple so you feel safe. I know one single mom who goes geocaching with a single male geocacher and I am sure she feels much safer.

:bad:

I am a female cacher who usely caches alone. I have never had any problem. People have asked about getting atacked but I never worry about it. If there are attack casses in the paper or on the news I might be more reluctent to go out but you cant live your life feeling like a victim. To me its like terrorist atacks sure it could happen but if you live your life looking for the bad you miss out on some great times. I do go prepared I carry a cell phone and leave a copy of where I am going on my computer. Also since I ususaly have my GPS in my hand. People might think its a defence item or a cell phone. Somthing about walking around a park with a small black object in your hand usually out in front of you might make a would be attacker think twice.

Please do not give up or curtail a hobby that you love just becouse you might get hurt. If that was case we would all be sitting at home watching life go by outside our windows. You could get hit by a bus or a car on the way to the corner store.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you leave the house thinking like a victim you will lose alot of the pleasure of Geocaching. Sure bad things happen but life goes on and personally I would rather get what I can out of today because tomorow may be to late.

Suziq