Mapsend?

HalnJen

A Froogle search will turn up some places selling it for just over $100; that's about as good as you're going to do.

If I were just starting my mapping software collection, I'd begin with DirectRoute (the autorouting is very useful in the car), and add Topo on if you feel the need for it. DR--or, for that matter, Topo--might be sufficient for your needs, but it will vary by individual. DR & Topo complement each other nicely, but Topo and S&D overlap each other considerably.

Stunod: When you say the POIs are the same in Streets & Destinations (IIRC there are no POIs in vanilla Streets) are you speaking literally or as a general class? I've never seen S&D first hand, but I would have expected that the DR POIs, like the street data, are more accurate and up to date. BTW, I've been impressed with the POIs in DR; they have all the little eateries in my small town.

Embra's advice (as it's prone to be) is spot-on in my book.

I find DR to be a total superset of S&D; if you have a unit that can run DR and are considering S&D, I encourage you to go with DR. It's a bummer that Topo and DR, however, are exclusive points. (Yeah, with a Meridian and a large enough SD card you can carry both and flip between them, but it's not a lot of fun.)

Just last night, I updated my DirectRoute review (linked to below) to include a list of the POI categories and screen shots so you can see map sizes.

Stunod: When you say the POIs are the same in Streets & Destinations (IIRC there are no POIs in vanilla Streets) are you speaking literally or as a general class?  I've never seen S&D first hand, but I would have expected that the DR POIs, like the street data, are more accurate and up to date.  BTW, I've been impressed with the POIs in DR; they have all the little eateries in my small town.

Sorry, that probably wasn't worded very clear. Yes, I ment Streets & Destinations...and the POI's are of the same type (travel related for DR and S&D vs topographic for Topo). The DR POI's seem to be a little more recent.

Edited by Stunod